Thursday, September 14, 2006

i only ask for so much.....

Bring me life and bring me lots of it. Bring it the way I asked you to bring it. Wash it clean off all airs and watch so you don’t ruin the copper hemline. Shave off the fake goatees, and pull open the pointless ear hoops. Rub off the phony tattoos and the bogus punk rock shit. Don’t let my share crawl back on to the dance-floor…. fake stilettos pinching my feet, ruining the delicate curves. Chop those braids off, I never asked for them. I wear my hair down…always always. I have waited in line…silently. I can wait longer. Yes I can. Who put those slits in my jeans, I don’t want them torn…I don’t see the point. Who told you to put that skylight up there? Those pricey sconces are a bloody eyesore…take em off. I registered for the sun. I wont settle without it. I take my tea with milk in it… several times…over nd over again. Until I feel milky enough inside. I don’t cry but when I do, my tears are never forged. See, I don’t do “khool”, never could. And I hate cocky…the desiccation that comes with it, unavoidable. I want “abbe yaar” and chup re” and “dilli” and “wah”. I want earth. Yes I know its better, with them around, more “fun”. But I jus don’t want it. I always knew that it was out there but no one told me how there are ten different shades of it all. Well am picking mine and its not fiery red or a murky black. But it’s me. And I like it. Life the way I always dreamed about it, not knee kicking shin digging better but just the way I called for. Earthy…

2 Comments:

Blogger jairaj said...

One of those that come one too many. Yes, sounded very Leonard Cohen for a while. I relate, I relate...

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now is there nythin left 2 b said... all shut up after readin dis... i 2 agree wid u... and moreover, rather wid b contradictory 2 this post d new hip-hop thing around is 2 b earthy..
KEEP ROCKIN !!
tanuj

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home