Sunday, October 08, 2006

Came across a couple of old home videos back at chacha’s place. There was a whole undiscovered box full of them (seems like he was the only one around with a video-cam when we were all kids). Interestingly, found one with a “HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY” and my name on it. Hah…I don’t know about the others but its some bloody thing watching yourself that tiny. And while on that, its even more amusing to see your folks (and other folk-like people) in the bizarrest of hairdos that they wouldn’t now be caught dead in. The most sidesplitting thing however (in the video) is my special solo jig. Like most other Indian kids, then and now, I seem to have well discovered filmy music. Ma often mentions how I had a thing for the awkwardly weird “tirchi topi walle” (for those of you who don’t remember…haw ji poppi shame!!!). Anyhoo, so the jig begins with me knocking a couple of things off the table…yay, happy birthday little me. Then someone puts on music, some crappy bollywood thingy…not that I seem to care. And then it begins, the walk first. Am inching my way across to the TV, walking, then crawling then walking again. Ma stops me halfway…PITSTOP…runs her hand across my posterior dubiously. Nope all’s well inside. So then it continues, the walk-cum-crawl-cum-strange slithery movements again. Gets worse once am near the perforated voice part. Placing myself in the most eerie Mick Jagerrish position I start the creepy boing-boings. Feel a jitterberg somewhere deep down in my toes. Spreads all across my legs, and moves all over the rest of my body until am jumping my ass off. And jumps they are, amidst constant fits of panicked shoulder movements, freaky up and downs with my ankles in the air and my toes somewhere still down below. A couple of violent ass thrusts and the grand finale…baby high jump landing on the lil baby butt. Sadly no one goes *TADA* only a soul-ripping bwaaaaaaaa from me. LOLS… She’s some kid there in the video. And since the 18th I had yesterday sucked, think I would have liked if she was still around.

4 Comments:

Blogger jairaj said...

Cute! Welcome back!

12:34 AM  
Blogger MinCat said...

hello
yes id ohave blog in spanish, only dfont emind me of it its been far too long. why do i know you again? :D

9:45 AM  
Blogger all meshed up said...

you dnt...uh...atleast i think you dont!!

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oye!!!!!!!!
yeh kya mast chiz thi!
aiii happy diwali anyways
this was cool bondhu


it happens to everyone!i hv experinced this !!!!!!!!
take care
u knw me (pg)

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home