Friday, October 20, 2006

…. Mullah maar na bolariyan, mainu bikhra yaar rijhawan de;
Kanjari baniyan ta vi meri izzat na khatdi,
Mainu nach ke yaar manavan de….



For being in love, I pay the price. The price of me, the price of you. The painful yearn to run behind you pinches my insides, it bawls across the depths of my being. One that I have made you a part off. One that aches for the want of you. They call on me for worshiping that which is you. They say I will loose to you that which I never had. “They”, the unaware of what it is to have and yet not to know. To love and to be loved. To hold and to let go. So today I dance. I dance for the celebration of you; I dance for the celebration of us.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is really beautiful....your work, or someone else's that you translated?

11:27 PM  
Blogger all meshed up said...

Well, the lines in italic are by the great sufi mystic ‘baba buleh shah’. And the rest of it is is mine. Mmmm…not really a translation, no. And not so much an interpretation either.just some random notes I made for myself when I first came across this particular kalam.lols, Strange things it does to you…music…eh? Neways thnx fr the appreciation.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Mistral Noir said...

the transliteration reminds me of six pence none the richer, music is strange.

6:17 AM  
Blogger all meshed up said...

"transliteration"...lols...how ideal a word, to define what some of us try and commit to someone else's work eh (alas..often succeeding)??

10:35 AM  
Blogger dRoZzY!!! said...

simply amazing...

great to know that we still have folks of your age and times who understand 'bulle shah'.

an artist par excellence

12:21 PM  
Blogger all meshed up said...

this is still being read...bhai wah!! ...thanx man

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home